Monday, May 31, 2010

Relational Aggression

Last Thursday, we discussed aggression. Very briefly in class, we touched on relational aggression, as portrayed in Mean Girls. Relational aggression is seen more in girls, as it is more emotional than physical. I would argue that relational aggression could be either hostile or instrumental, as it could be for personal gain to make oneself look better, or it could just be to hurt someone else. I'm sure most of you have seen the movie, but here's a clip that shows a couple scenes of relational aggression (ie the 4-way call scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbS9O_iDhs8&feature=related

I went to an all girl's high school so I definitely experienced and saw a lot of relational aggression. Once, my "friend" spread nasty rumors about me to some people because she was jealous that the guy she liked started liking me. Girls are so catty. RAWR. the end =]

- a07247206

No comments:

Post a Comment