Sunday, June 6, 2010

Low Balling

Couple years ago, my parents and I were planning to buy a truck. We were considering a Toyota Tacoma and went the Toyota dealership. I saw the one I wanted and I really like the truck. I already feel a big commitment of purchasing this truck. I was really excited and could not wait until I start driving it. The car salesman brought us back to his office and starts to begin the paperwork. Good thing my parents were there to negotiate the price of the truck because I know I cannot do it on my own. My dad stated the price we were willing to pay. The car salesman went to talk to his supervisor and came back five minutes later. They were willing to give us this price and not the price that we wanted. Then my dad again trying to talk the price down and if they don’t approve the price we ask for then we are going to leave. The car salesman went back to his supervisor. I would be really sad if that happened. I told my dad I was willing to pay a little more. My dad laughed at me and said you get sucked into their trap so easily. Which is true, low balling would of work on me. At the end, they approved the price we asked for and I went home driving a brand new truck.

Andrew Cheung
A08142374

No comments:

Post a Comment